Tuesday, July 25, 2006

So I've been thinking about the definitions of "vacation" and "traveling." I have traveled some this summer, went to Hobbs to the HHS reunion; went to Austin to Derek's wedding; going to Midland for Jason's wedding. I went to Vegas in March, but that was an escape...nothing fun about it. Before that, I went to Vegas last September for William's 21st birthday, which was fun...but it was fast and hot. SO here are the technical definitions according to dictionary.com:

Vacation: 1. A period of time devoted to pleasure, rest, or relaxation, especially one with pay granted to an employee.
2. A holiday.
3. A fixed period of holidays, especially one during which a school, court, or business suspends activities

Traveling: To go from one place to another, as on a trip; journey.

You see, today was my last official day of class, I still have some assignments due for my online class...but I don't actually have to sit in a seat and listen to jibber jabber again. But I start work a week from today. So there is no time for a vacation because I have to go work on my classroom and finish the online class, etc. I do know that I am going to Monterey, CA next March for my 10 year Catalina reunion...I didn't graduate from there, but I lived there a year and I want to go see everyone. And I'm going to New Orleans next June for sweet Whitney White's wedding. But those a so far away, and both places have an agenda.

So the point is: I'm in need of a VACATION, because my TRAVELING wasn't enough. I need a vacation that I can just chill. Lay on a beach, tour a museum, and eat weird food. So I am going to start planning something. Don't know where, when, or how I'm going...but just starting the planning process might make me feel better. Thought I'd share.

***Disclaimer***
I, Amanda, am completely aware of how spoiled this sounds and I completely don't care. Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vacations are needed by everyone. It does not sound spoiled at all. Happy planning and good luck with your class and the upcoming school year!

Followers

Blog Archive