Monday, March 02, 2009

We had a positive ovulation predictor kit test yesterday so today we had the 1st and hopefully only IUI (aka interuterine insemination aka the turkey baster procedure). I've been calling myself a big turkey all day. They took the "sample" from Vic, did a wash, and used a catheter to inject them directly into the uterus. It took about 30 seconds and then they had me lay pretty much upside down on a table for 15 minutes. The best part of the day was when they called me back from the lab to get the testtube of injectables. I walked back there and she said "ok, now put this in your bra to keep it warm. I said "I can't recall ever being told to put something in my bra like this before..." and she said "just dollars, right?" and I said, "Yes, but I quite that job years ago..." and she was STUNNED--I think she thought I was serious because she just looked down as I left.

The procedure went well though, she said that everything looked really good and there was no "resistance" to the catheter, whatever that means. Now starts the 2 week wait to know if it worked, and if not, we'll do it again next month!

Keep praying: fertilization, implantation, and then GROW!

Followers

Blog Archive