Sunday, April 12, 2009

SO tonight I was scrounging for supper. There is nothing in the house and the only grocery store here is closed for Jesus, which is nice, but still...it's Easter and I'm not prepared. So I just started throwing what I had together...and I LOVED it--and surprisingly, Vic did too! So, not that I think any of you will use this recipe, this is where I'm going to store it!

1 lb lean ground beef (I prefer Laura's lean ground beef, 4% fat)
1 can refried beans (I use vegetarian ones!)
1 can of Rotel w/ juice
1 can of corn (drained)
about 1-2 cups of frozen mixed veggies: onion, bell pepper, celery, parsley (it comes already mixed)
3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
couple of shakes of red pepper flakes
5 flour tortillas (I used whole wheat)
2 cups of colby jack cheese

Brown the meat, drain any liquid, add garlic, red pepper flakes, Rotel, corn, and frozen veggies-stir together. In 9x13 put 2 tortillas, tear up 1/2 of another and fill in gaps. Scoop 1/2 of beans out of the can and spread them onto the tortillas. Cover w/ half of meat/veggie mixture. Cover w/ 1/2 of cheese. Repeat. Cook for 20 minutes on 350.

Followers

Blog Archive