Wednesday, September 10, 2003

I just found out that a lady I knew died last week due to long term complications due to weightloss surgery. She's the second one this year. Beyond being really sad, it really pisses me off. Two amazing women that I've had the pleasure of knowing have died way too early because they were trying to fit into the "thin" body that they weren't naturally meant to fit into. Isn't the current theme that it's "deadly" to be fat...well, it's also deadly to do this horrible self mutilation. Surgery induced anerexia/bullima.

This is my friend that died last December:

http://www.eskimo.com/~leiba/

I talked to her so much when I was trying to make the decision to move in with Vic or not...she really encouraged me to make my own decision and not listen to other people...to "follow my heart."

Anyway, if you know anyone that is considering WLS, tell them to go to NAAFA.org and read about the info they have compiled re: WLS.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive