Sunday, July 25, 2004

I don't know why I'm really excited that Lance Armstrong won that bike race. But I am. I like when Texans do stuff like that, especially in a place like France.

So the wedding was fabulous, the night before was spectacular, and it was just a generally great weekend. I'm ready for the happy couple to return home and BLOG about it!

I'm SO excited that Andra will be in TX. We can have those kind of "blogger girls" get together much more frequently and not have to wait for a wedding. And now your baby won't be a foreigner! Thank goodness!

SO I've been back since Wednesday and I've not been doing much. I've been applying for jobs, cleaning some, laundry, etc. Today I'm trying my hand at ironing. Vic always irons my clothes because, well, I don't/can't. Today it occurred to me that maybe I could iron his scrub tops since they are pretty basic. There are a good 6 or 8 that he never wears because they have to be ironed. They don't look great, but they are now acceptable to wear. He was shocked.

SO the other reason that I was thinking that I'd do his scrubs is he took ANOTHER job. SO now he will work at Denton Regional fri and sat nights from 7 pm to 7 am and 3-11 pm on Sundays. The new job is 8-5 M-F. It's doing MRI's at an independent place. SO that means that on Sun he'll get home at 11 pm, have to be at work 30-45 miles away by 8 am the next morning AND on Fri get off at 5, drive back to Denton, go to work just 2 hours later for 12 hours. This my friends, is nutty. But he says he'll be fine for awhile, and that he's going to talk to the MRI place about doing 4, 10 hour days. I am just going along with it for now. But that means that for awhile he'll be working basically 8 days a week and will need more scrubs. He starts tomorrow. He now has ironed scrubs, which he'll need because he won't have time for much else other than a smige of sleep and eatin' on the run!

My dad is in Wyoming right now working on a rig. It was 38 degrees where he was yesterday. I want to be there too. I love today, it's only like 80ish. But I know that the miserable heathumidity will be back soon enough!

My brother was trying to make me go see something about Harold and someone going to a Castle. Instead, because apparently it's not open yet, I get to go see Anchorman. Neat.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive