Thursday, December 23, 2004

I'm in Andrews and it's snowing. I wish I was in Mexico on a beach with a pina colada in hand. Maybe that's what someone is giving me for Christmas....but I hope it's only a one way ticket :). But if I do get that, I hope someone else bought me spanish lessons that I can take before I move to Mexico...that would probably make it an easier move.

Did I tell yall that Mr. Pesty Cat (Chester) moved to Andrews today? He's now Woobie's brother and Carson is back to being an only cat. Carson won't admit it, but he will miss Pesty terribly, he loves him when he thinks no one is paying attention. But Pesty never got used to the poodles and will be much happier in a dog-free home.

Anyway, thanks for the offers and well-wishes from everyone. I really appreciate it. The shortest possible explaination is this: Bi-Polar Disorder is the cruelest disease I know. My poor husband is having such a miserable time and I'm just having to stand back and watch him selfdestruct and take my stability and life with him. So now I've been forced into a corner where there is not a single thing else I can do for him other than pray, so now I just have to do for myself. I still have hope that he will level out and get his life back together, but for now we will no longer be married. It's an unusual situation and it requires an unusual solution, but for now the plan is to divorce legally so that he can worry about getting his personal self figured out and that I can have some peace. We are absolutely still friends, best friends, and will not rule out any options for us in the future. But one can not be married to someone that is not sure from one minute to the next if they want to live, die, or run for president. So after 6 months of walking on egg shells because I didn't know if I was dealing with the God-fearing "I love you and will make this marriage work" Vic or "everything is hopeless and you deserve better" Vic OR the "I need to run and be free" Vic...I finally had to listen when he was in the divorce mood and move forward. No, it's not what I want or feel is right; but I believe that he will not get better as long has he has me as his crutch to lean on and know that I will allow him to go back and fourth. Sad situation. More later.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive