Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I had my kids for the first time today. I would not be anymore tired if I had left the house at 7:30 this morning and just walked continuously until 6 p.m. when I got home. 11.5 hours of walking would not make me as tired as I am right now. And I didn't have enough prepared. It never occurred to me that I would have a group of second graders that don't like to color...so like the dot-to-dot that was supposed to be colored after being connected...took 5 minutes rather than 20. So for the last 30 minutes of class we did a Scooby Doo puzzle. And when I say the last 30 minutes, I mean of my 2.5 hour time period...hopefully tomorrow is better prepared.

And then I came home tonight and just taught myself, with Allison's help, to play "Monster Consonants" in the event I need it tomorrow. And now I'm going to bed to read "Ghost Beach" from the Goosebumps series by R.L. Stine because I'm going to read it aloud for the next few days to them and want to know what's in it before I put it in their little not so innocent heads.

We talked about our "favorites" today...one's favorite movie is "The Seed of Chucky" and another's is "Black Hawk Down...because it's violent."

And my parents wouldn't let me see Dirty Dancing....

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive