Saturday, March 31, 2007

I don't eat fried things very often--I don't cook them at all, and other than fries...well, I just don't eat um very often...BUT, in the past two weeks I've had two new fried things. Fried macaroni and cheese and fried stuffed black olives. Both very tasty. The fried M&C was at the Cheesecake Factory, it was delich. The olives were at a new little place in Lake Dallas that I forgot the name--they were stuffed w/ asiago cheese & breaded with italian bread crumbs and fried. They weren't as good as I had hoped, but still yummy.

Speaking of fried things, my brain hurts. My Dad's pending bride is planning a wedding that is making me want to pull my hair out. She has changed her mind so many times-about the dresses, the invitations, everything...except the groom. I have been sunny and supportive--I even ordered my bridesmaid's dress in turquoise with a smile on my face. Today she told me that she is having a hard time with the wording of the invitations. She was trying to figure out a way to say "our kids invite you," and was thinking of listing out all of our names. I told her that I think she should just say "Bob and Sheri invite you." She went into this whole schpill about the joining of two families. Well, the more I thought about it, the more I didn't like it. So I called my dad and told him that I would rather them not use my name on the invites, that I didn't think that was being fair to William and I. He got mad. He said that we (William and I) are making it "hard on him to move on." I got mad back and told him that we were having to answer questions like "how old is she?" and "does she work?" Because people assume that the only type of person willing to date a man widowed BY SUICIDE less than a year later has to be a twenty-something golddigger. I told him that I feel like I have gone above and beyond to be supportive.

The thing about it, is that he can "replace" his wife. We can't "replace" our mom. I understand that. He doesn't. He said that he didn't ask to be single. Well, I didn't ask to be momless, have a step mother, or to wear a damn turquoise dress. But I did ask for him not to use my name on the invitations. I don't think that's too big of a request.

Don't know what the next 3 months will hold. I guess I should have held off on ordering the dress. If he is going to accuse me of not being supportive--I can be. It shall be interesting.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive