Sunday, March 25, 2007

So I don't think I've mentioned it here before, but I am a tad obsessed with Rachael Ray. I have always watched 30 minute meals and $40 a Day when I catch them, but when I heard that she had a new talk show--I tivoed it. That was months ago. I've not missed an episode since. Yes, I know--she bugs--I hear that from most people I tell that I love her. Her expressions like "yummo" and "evoo" can grate the nerves at first...but I now find those things endearing. But what really brings me to admit this was Friday's episode. This woman wrote in because her husband of like 13 years is being sent to Afghanistan. He's been in the National Guard for 18 years and was going to get out in just 3 months...but then was called up for an 18 month tour. While he's gone he is turning 40--but he's a leap year baby, so it's actually just his 10th b-day. Rachael flew a bunch of his friends and family there and turned it into a surprise party. The guy thought that he was going to film a testimonial about life insurance, but when he got there everyone surprised him and the whole show was around him and things that go with being apart from loved ones for long periods of time. Rachael gave he and his wife each a Mac book so they can ichat, wrote a recipe for him using his favorite foods, had Edwin McCain come sing to him because he's his favorite, etc. He cried through the whole show, his wife cried, Rachael cried, I cried--it was so sweet! So there it is, a public admission. I love Rachael Ray.

For the last 3 nights I've had dreams about orange soda. I've thought for the last 2 days it just meant I was thirsty, so I've drank extra water. But today I finally gave in. I drove Vic to the store and made him go in and buy some. And, wow. It's so good. I've never in my life wanted orange soda...but it is the best thing I've ever had in my mouth.

I don't often "love" Youtube videos. Many amuse me, but most make me feel like I've just wasted part of my existence that I will never get back--but today someone sent me this one and I think it's flabulous! It's called "Fat Rant" by Joy Nash...yall should check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUTJQIBI1oA

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive