Thursday, March 22, 2007

So many things to blog!

March 7-11
Vic and I went to my 10 year reunion at Santa Catalina in Monterey, CA. Wednesday night we flew in to San Jose and spent the night with Tamalca then Thursday went and spent a day in San Francisco. We hung out on Pier 39 and went to Alcatraz--Vic had never been to Northern CA, so we had to be tourists! That night we drove down to Monterey to eat at my favorite restaurant, The Chart House. Then Friday and Saturday we did the reunion stuff...went to class, wandered around the campus, hung out w/ tons of friends, etc. We stayed at Whitney's grandparents house in Carmel Valley, which is just beautiful! It was such a good weekend--I was not ready to come home!

March 10
1 year since Mom's death. The dread was worse than the day. I had worried so much about it being just horrible, but it was just another day. I am really glad we had reunion stuff to do and that we weren't just chillin' at home. On the contrary, the worst day was last Friday (the 16th) because it was the Friday before my spring break which is what last year March 10th was. I think the "spring break fever" of all the kids (and teachers!) at school just reminded me of that day last year when 1/2 way through the day I was called to the office and told that Mom was dead...but, I made it and was semi-productive so moving on...

March 16-18
Big as Texas-the size acceptance assembly aka fat convention that I go to every year. It was great. It was a smaller crowd this year, but I really enjoyed it. One of my favorite things was yoga for large bodies--Melissa Taylor is from Baton Rouge and teaches workout classes for fat chicks there. She was the keynote speaker this year and taught her yoga class--so much fun! I bought the book that she gets a lot of her stuff out of, Megayoga by Megan Garcia, and I'm going to try and start doing some of it.

So now I'm on spring break. I have been planning forever to go to Midland/Hobbs this week. But by the time I recovered from all the stuff of the last two weeks, had gyno & allergy Dr. appointments, got Nancy groomed (for the first time since about Thanksgiving!), etc...it's now Thursday. So I'm not going to make it out west. Tonight we (me, Vic, Jamey, and Doug...oh yeah, and Bryan) are surprising Kim for her birthday (yesterday) at the Cheesecake Factory in Southlake. And tomorrow Vic and I are thinking about heading to Fossil Rim and Dinosaur Valley State Park. I'm just dying to see the dino foot prints!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive