Tuesday, July 10, 2007

For those of you who have NOT seen the movie Shag--this will not mean nearly as much to you.

I love it, something I've probably told yall before. Jamey's sister, Jill, introduced me to it somewhere around 1989-90. It's still my favorite movie. It's one of very few that I can watch over and over again and still be completely delighted. It's a coming of age movie about 4 girls who go on a last fling before one of them gets married. They tell her and their families that they are going to Fort Sumter to learn about their "heritage," but instead take her to Myrtle Beach to "be wild and meet boys." Anyway, it's always been a dream of mine and a few dear girlfriends to go to Myrtle Beach.

So that brings me to this Friday, when Vic and I are leaving for Topsail Beach, NC for 6 days. We are going with his family-they have a beach house there. I just got online to see what I might want to do while there and just thought I'd check to see how far Myrtle Beach is from where we will be...it's only 2 hours! So, then I was looking at the events in MB, SC and found this:

http://www.sunfunfestival.com/

The Sun Fun Festival has a big part in the movie and I just can't believe that it really exists!!!! I so thought it was just something made up for the movie! We have actually missed the main part of it...but they are still doing a "concert series." Maybe we will put on our Shaggin' shoes....ha ha ha!

Anyway, even though it is not the way I dreamed of going to Myrtle Beach--I always knew I'd see it for the first time with my friends...I am still going to check it out. I'm 100% positive that it is nothing like the movie or my imagination; but just to say that I have been there will be exciting!

It'll be the MOST FUN!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive