Friday, December 21, 2007

1. I spent Monday night in the ER because I went into anaphylactic shock after taking Avelox, an antibiotic that I have taken several times before w/out trouble. I drove myself there and parked in the grass (don't remember it) and when I walked in they took me straight back. Seen the movie Hitch? Yeah, me and Will Smith looked about the same...except I was the color of a firetruck and my nostrils were swollen shut. So if I'm ever with any of you in a Mexican ER or something...I'm allergic to Avelox, Cipro, and all other antibiotics in that class. Hope I don't get anthrax!

2. The antibiotic was to treat the same stinkin' sinus infection that I've been battling since Thanksgiving. It seems to be under a little better control, but now I have frickin' shingles. Yes, the same shingles that are related to the chicken pox and mostly old people get. I only have them in my upper respiratory system on the inside. Dr. thinks it's because of the stress of the sinus infection from hell. SO now I'm on Valtrex, you know, the one advertised for genital herpes? It speeds the shingles along, but that sure was neat to pick up from the pharmacy.

3. We were supposed to leave for Denver today but we didn't because of how sick I've been. We may leave tomorrow. I never missed work, though. That should tell yall how much I love my job!

4. Vic just got home from Albuquerque last night. He told me that he had my Christmas present in his carry on bag. As soon as he left the room I got into it. He was mad...BUT! He got me a Wii! I'm so excited! I wasn't supposed to get it until I graduate in August because we are afraid that I will play it too much...but he says that he has faith in my self control. So if I don't graduate in August, blame Vic and his misplaced faith in me.

5. Some of you know this, some of you don't. There is a chance that we may be able to adopt a baby. His name is Nehemiah and he is about 2 months old. He needs your prayers, and so do we! I spoke with his grandmother again today and she and the baby's mother are all for it. Nehemiah's father is having a hard time with it. CPS is involved and his mother has already had her parental rights terminated on another child years ago and is not interested in being a mother. His father is young and a good guy from the sounds of it, but just not able to be the main caregiver. The grandmother that I have been speaking with is a friend/employee of Bryan, Kim's husband, and is a widow with youngish children of her own she is still trying to raise. Her son is the father and right now she has court appointed custody. Depending on the father, this could happen next week or 6 months from now. I just would like for yall to continuing praying for Nehemiah, his father Andre, and his grandmother Toni. We, of course, want him to come live with us, but most importantly, we are just praying for God's perfect will. We know that he will end up where he is supposed to be, but the suspense is so hard! So just keep praying for us all!

6. I'm off to bed again. I'm feeling better since I have just rested today. I hope everyone is enjoying the last few days before Christmas...these are always exciting days. I'm not done shopping...but that would be the case even w/out almost dieing and having shingles. :)

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive