Monday, December 03, 2007

Today has been a good day...I really like Mondays. And today I even got 4 stitches in my ass, right where it meets my leg...you know...right where my underwear can rub. AND my cat just yacked in the hallway as I was typing about my ass issue. I'm just glad it's not ass herpes, right Misti?

Anyway, the point of this here blog, is that I went to Albuquerque this past weekend for a big family affair. It was Vic's grandmother, Audrey's 75th birthday and her boyfriend, Jewels, threw her a big party. It was formal, (Vic wore a suit!) at a steakhouse and was very nice and so fun! It was all these old people that she had know like 30 years+ through Fred II (Vic's grandfather) being an officer in the Air Force. Including an old Italian guy that stood up and started singing beautifully in Italian and everyone but me seemed to know the song...but I raised my DP and swayed it along with everyone's wine glasses. Some of Vic's family from NY was there too, it was good to see them. It was like something from the Godfather or something...I expected Don Corleone to walk out at any minute! Vic had to work most of the weekend, so I didn't see him much...sad. So Sunday it was just me, Fred III, his mom Janice, sister Jennifer, and Audrey at church and then brunch. His parents have been divorced for like 25 years, but are still good friends. I really enjoyed it, including their company! My how things change...

Two additional bonuses: 1. I found a new brand of shoes! I bought this pair of Kumf's:






As you will notice, they have a little heal. Something I have not even considered in years due to knee surgeries and now evil plantar fascitis/heel spurs...BUT! These heels are at the best angle for PF AND have orthodics in them to make my feet happy (not to mention I purchased them at "Happy Feet"!). I put them and on I could have tap danced! I'm so excited to have some dress shoes other than my fancy birkenstocks!

2. We took a picture at the party that I'm hopeing will work as our Christmas card pic...it is SO cute!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive