Thursday, June 19, 2008

Here I sit on my birthday eve and am surprised to report that I'm not bothered at all by the fact that this is my last day in my twenties. Growing up, I always wanted to be older. I wanted to be a "teen" when I was twelve, I wanted to be fifteen to drive, then 18 to vote, go to college, etc., then 21 to drink and go to Vegas, then 25 to rent a car, etc. I actually remember writting a paper in 6th grade about turning 35 and running for president. I predicted that I would not be the first woman president, as I was sure then that it would have for sure happened by the time I was so OLD at 35. As a side note, I'm really glad it's NOT going to happen this year...and that I've lost that desire to run!

Anyway, on my 17th birthday my Mema gave me a charm for my braclet that said "Happy Birthday" on one side and had "17 more 34" engraved on the back side. She always said that I acted twice my age. I hope that's not the case these days--ha ha--especially since I still feel 17!

Followers

Blog Archive