Wednesday, July 16, 2008

So I FINALLY saw Sex & the City tonight with Jamey. I loved it. It was great. All I could ask for...more really...because I couldn't imagine how they would put so much of what we had all grown to love with the girls into a movie. But they did, and I applaud them for that. I teared up a few times through the movie...but not as much as I thought. But I did cry all the way home. And even sat in the garage and cried once I was home.

As I left Jamey at the theater, after we stood and talked and laughed a bit outside and walked to our cars in the rain and hugged and stated that we'd see each other this weekend, it hit me. Like a Mack truck. I'm leaving. I'm moving away from every security blanket that I have. My dad, bothers, friends, work, house, even Nancy's vet, EVERYTHING. The last time I moved away from somewhere (Lubbock) the world still seemed so big and full of possibilities. I don't know when that feeling left me, but it did. I don't want to go anywhere because I'm not interested in the possibilities that are left in the world to explore. I like my life, here, in DFW...right where I've been for the last 8 years. I've made my HOME here.

I don't see Jamey and Kim very often, but there is something so comforting about the fact that I can drive 30 minutes and meet Jamey for a movie about girlfriends and love. Kim can drive 30 minutes to come over once she gets the kids in bed to sit outside and talk til' 4 a.m.

I'm really sad to be leaving here. And very overwhelmed by how fast things are happening.

Followers

Blog Archive