Thursday, October 09, 2008

So at my school, when a teacher or student find a word that offends them in a library book, they take it down there and the library lady whites it out of the book.

Words that offend them are such things as: DANG it, go to HELL, GOD as in OMG, and CRAP.

All these books are, of course, on the state approved reading list.

So when I asked about it, I was told "tx is too liberal and that we as adults are responsible for keeping children safe from such profanity." I mentioned the word censorship and she said "they are children." And I said "the constitution applies to them too and the 1st amendment includes freedom of the press." I could tell she was annoyed and just walked away.

Am I wrong to think this is completely wrong? I mean, not that I want the kids to read the Lord's name in vain or anything, but I hear way worse on the playground!

Followers

Blog Archive