Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Sonic in Pamp-town takes no less than 20 minutes, ever, so I pretty much refuse to go there. My favorite place to get drinks is at "Easy's Pop Shop" but it's a long way from my house (you know, like 4-5 minutes, on the other side of town!) So, I went to Chicken Express for a happy hour drink today, it also lasts until 4:30 which is later than the others. I said "I need an extra-large sweet tea." They brought out a 1/2 gallon cup with a handle like a bucket. I laughed, but secretly I was excited, especially since sweet tea is good the next day if ya put it in the fridge. It's the little things, ya know?

Vic is currently in air to Raleigh, NC for a job interview, though the job is based in TX. It's for a medical software co. and the job is an instructor. Like when a hospital buys their software, he'd go train them to use it. He's already made it through the first 2 rounds of interviews. I really hope he gets it. He desperately wants a job he likes, and I really think this one has potential! He's shy to most, but he's a ham in front of a crowd. He's also very detail orientated, so he's good at teaching things because he remembers the little things. For the interview tomorrow he has to give a presentation. He's been working on it for the last few days. He decided to do "How to Iron a Shirt." It's just to show how he is getting up in front of people. I was shocked that other than just being informative, it's actually quite amusing. He found great pics for his power point and fun facts like that Martha Stewart prefers to iron on the square end of the board rather than the pointy end. It was also good to find out that the 5 people interviewing him are women, so maybe he will score some brownie points for being such a good ironer! Anyway, hope for the best--it sure would be nice to move back to DFW for a job and not just because I'm homesick!

My dear friend Bernadette is coming from Lubbock to stay with us tomorrow. She and I met in kind of a neat way. She's a year older than me and we went to the same Jr. High. It was my first year (7th grade) and I knew who she was, but we had never met. One fall weekend I was in Ruidosa at my grandparents cabin, which had a public stream running through the backyard. I was inside and my grandma came around the corner with Bernadette and I was so shocked that I couldn't even really say anything. Turns out, she and her dad were walking along the stream and started talking to my grandparents who always sat on the deck, they figured out they were all from Hobbs, and that B and I went to school together, so Mema brought her in. We hung out for awhile and exchanged numbers and have been friends ever since.

We don't talk all the time, and in all honesty, she should probably hate me. I was mean to her for a few years. Why was I mean, you ask? Because she has a very strong, outspoken personality that most people are intimidated by. I have always found it rather refreshing and kind of endearing--she has this fiery passion and you always know where she stands. But most of my friends didn't know how to take her, so I was only friends with her on my terms during those really neat high school years so as not to "annoy" any of my other friends. Meaning, I hung out with her just the two of us and actually excluded her on many occasions. Anyway, I have always regretted how I treated her, it's very shameful, because she is a true friend in every since of the word. I'm also not that kind of person, but I think because I trusted her friendship so much, I abused it. So I'm really lucky to still have it. Anyway, I'm excited she is coming--we haven't hung out in years.

Followers

Blog Archive