Sunday, February 08, 2004

On Friday night I worked at the City's Father/Daughter Dance. The first 1/2 was for girls ages 4-8, second 1/2 was ages 8-12. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. The girls were all dressed like little princess' (some complete w/ tiaras!) and all the dad's were so sweet. One dad w/ 3 daughters brought them in a limo, they were glowing when they walked in. I kept leaving my coat check/help w/ corsages post to watch them dance. Dad's and Brittany Spears music is FUNNY. So were the slow dances.

It brought back the best memories of when I was living in CA, my school had a father/daughter weekend. My dad came and although the golf game was rained out, and we didn't dance at the dance...we had such a wonderful time! It was so much fun hanging out w/ My Bob and all my friend's and their dad's. I remember there being a slight awkwardness about us not dancing, like other people telling us to join them on the dance floor....but we were better sitting and talking to everyone (both of us are really good at that!!), neither one of us would have enjoyed dancing so I'm glad we didn't let the others influence us!! But anyway, it was such a wonderful weekend...people kept making such a big deal that he had come all the way from NM, but there wasn't a doubt in my mind that he would be there. I really took for granted that my dad was always there until I looked around at other people's fathers. I have a good Dad. Even though I don't think he's ever gotten used to me being married...someday, someday...

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive