Wednesday, June 10, 2009

SO last Friday as I was in the truck driving to Denton, a shock of panic hit me as I remembered that I needed to take care of the ticket that I had gotten by June 7th. SO I called Vic, who at that minute was sitting in the Detroit airport. I reminded him about the ticket and told him that I got it in Panhandle, TX and needed him to call them and ask what I should do. Because, you see, the ticket is in my car which is at the Amarillo Airport and Vic has the keys. So he called. And then called me back and said they had no record of me. So then I told him to try White Deer, TX because maybe that's where I was...so we got off the phone again. He called me back and said I needed to call them. I did. They told me they would "make a note" that I had called and that I could mail it or bring in the $ this week.

So on Saturday I went up to the credit union in Denton (which is still where I bank) and got a money order. This morning I got up and took the U-haul trailer and turned it in (an adventure in and of itself...which included a puppy almost pulling my pants down) and headed to White Deer. I called the number and asked where they were located. She said "come to the only blinkin' light on the main road and turn left and it will be on the left hand side, you can't miss it." She was right:



I went into this lovely establishment and she asks my name. She pulls out an envelope with a STICKY NOTE on it that said "called in & will pay later." I give her my money order and she explains that in 30 days I need to write a letter that promises that I didn't get any more tickets from June 10th-July 10th and have it notarized. Then it won't go on my record. That's their version of deferred adjudication.

Living out here in the sticks is pretty funny. I can't imagine that Dallas Co. would ever request that someone write a letter that "promises" they didn't get anymore tickets...but whatever. They'll get their letter and I'll always know that I got to visit City Hall in White Deer, TX.

Followers

Blog Archive