Wednesday, June 03, 2009

SO much has happened in the last week!

First, last Friday my principal and I discussed me staying. She said she would move me into special ed., which is where my heart is. We haven't sold the house and I don't have a job in DFW...and so I came home and didn't think much about it at first, because we had to go get Vic's mom at the airport. But, I called my dad and he said he thought we should stay...he said that a year from now the job and housing market will be much more stable and that having a job here is better than not having a job there.

So we prayed that God would help us make the RIGHT swift and easy decision. SO then, Saturday, we had lunch w/ the associate pastor at our church who is our age and we were talking to him about it and he was like "well, I'm a little biased, but I'll pray for yall" and I said "while you are at it, pray for us because we decided that we are going to start the adoption process" and he was SO EXCITED and was like "I'll write you a letter of recommendation...and we have people in the church that can help you...and there's this and that grant to help..." on and on and on...and then prayed with/for us right there in the sandwich place for "our baby" and right then I felt like that was God's way of telling us to stay here and when we got home Vic said that he felt the same way....

So, we have decided to stay in Pampa another year...which seems crazy....but DFW isn't going anywhere. And (I know this sounds crazy too!) I have felt all along that God brought us here for a baby...I thought it was because of the fertility Dr. at TTU that has been so great to work with...but maybe it's just to find our child that's being conceived by someone else!

Anyway, I'm sad to be gone from my family and friends even longer...but I am so excited about this whole adoption thing. I feel good about all the decisions. I'm also really relieved to be putting some eggs in another basket, so to speak, because I don't think just continuing with the fertility stuff was smart or sane for me/us. I love the idea of God bringing us a baby that needs a home...I would be so honored to be his/her mom.

Followers

Blog Archive