Wednesday, January 15, 2003

So we have been taking Nancy everyday to Petsmart to get her used to it because she is a loud mouth. They are getting to know us there very well. Tonight we took Franklin too, he was friends with everyone.

I asked the trainer, Angie, how she got to be a trainer. She applied for the position and went through training at Petsmart...they have their own program thing. She said she knew a lot of it going into it, but had to learn their policies and what not. I wonder if it pays good? I think that would rock.

I was going to be a teacher through Region 11 just like Meestee through Region 18, but I don't think I am now. Seems they are going to work with me and get me graduated w/ my MS in Aug 04. Even just taking 6 hrs this semester. That's including practicum AND internship. But it will require me to take 3 hrs this summer; 9 fall of 03; 9 spring of 04; and 6 summer 04. There is NO time to be a teacher with that schedule! I had anticipated them to say that because of their odd way of when they actually offer each class that I wouldn't even be eligible to take practicum or internship until around spring 05...that would have been taking 3-6 hrs until then...so I was going to try and teach until then and then see what I wanted to do. I think now I'm just going to get through my MS and then maybe do a certification program to teach. Then we can move if need/want be. I can get my teacher certificate anywhere, but a MS in rehab must be done in Denton.

You know what I really want to be??? I want to be a school counselor. That would rock. In order to do that I need a masters (will have in @ 18 months) and to have taught for a couple of years. Maybe someday!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive