Thursday, April 24, 2003

Misti said:
http://mistileighg.blogspot.com/

Not only were we without running water and toilet paper, the CABLE was also cut in the process of the water softener being installed.

So here I am, sick, on the rag (for 6 weeks now, thanks), w/out bathrooms AND TV. But did I mention that the day that I skipped the shower, the one before that day that I was unable to shower, I had gone to some wild house party for like 8 hours? Yeah, if you smelled something stanky on Monday...it was me. Sorry.

I went back to the Dr. today because I STILL have a sinus infection despite the fact that I finished my antibiotic last Sat. He tested me for rheumatic fever, that's what he thought I had. But I don't have it. Just some "abscess" in my throat...but he gave me a stronger antibiotic and said that if they don't clear up they will have to drain them. Real neat.

So then, we are leaving the Dr.'s office and we get in a wreck. We exited off of I35 and were going under the overpass to flip around right by Denton Reg. Med. Center (where Vic used to work) and we were turning left. We were out in the street waiting for all the cars to go straight, the light turned yellow...so Vic went. This little P.O.S. caviler that looked just like Misti's old one, red and all, gunned it to run the yellow light and plowed into my door. I saw the bastard coming and was saying over and over really fast "VIC! HE'S NOT GONNA STOP!" I thought I was fine, but now I'm not so sure. My rt. leg is numb, kinda tingly. Everyone else was fine. Vic didn't get any tickets. Seems the other car, which had 4 non-english speakers in it, did NOT have insurance. Their car was totaled. They did get tickets. I kinda felt sorry for them. It was 4 middle aged men that were obviously just getting off work. Not that anyone can ever really spare a thousand bucks or so...but I know these guys really couldn't...and it's a $1000 fine in TX for no car insurance alone! Anyway, it was a long day. It's been a long week. I'm glad it's almost over.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive