Tuesday, April 01, 2003

This war really seems to be another reality series, only it really is reality. Why do they feel the need to show the same stuff over and over? I don't want to see it and I don't think most others do either. I understand that the people of Iraq are forced to see it live and in color, so there is part of me that thinks that we should also see it. But not like it's being broadcast. I don't want to see the nifty "baseball cards" depicting what weapons are used and their stats. I also don't want to see protesters or support rallies. I think that the news channels should show us the news but only what's relevant, but I also think that someone needs to educate our country. I overheard someone talking at lunch about the war going on in Iran and how she didn't agree with it because we didn't give Saddam enough time to "explain". Um. Ok, besides the obvious, pathetic problem what on earth does he need to explain? "I didn't mean to kill all those innocent people, and I didn't mean to break all the UN laws...it was an accident...see, one night I drank beer before liquor and boy, was I sicker...and that's when I did it...yeah..."

If I were in charge, I would have just sent in my secret special forces and taken out Sodom and his evil sons and that would be the end of it. Ok, well, there would be a few more that have to go...but you know, when you get rid of the apple core and it's seeds, the rest is tasty!

Oh yeah, and I want some news other than the war stuff. I want to know what’s going on with Elizabeth Smart! I want to know what’s being done to keep me from getting SARS! I want to know more about this Cuban hijackin’ stuff…my Dad is fixin to go to Cuba! And what’s the latest on Michael Jackson, is he still butt-hurt?

Yeah, I’m about to have a masters degree and I don’t search for myself…so what? I’m off to battle the laundry monster!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive