Sunday, November 09, 2003

Dallas Christmas Festival 2003

This was the most awesome thing last year and I'm excited that it's time'o the year for it again! I was not excited about it last year, I mean, I wanted to go...but I just figured that it would be a run of the mill Christmas show.

You see, in Hobbs, every year we went to the "Singing Christmas Tree" at Taylor Baptist. It, too, was in the sanctuary and took up the whole stage. It was a giant tree with people standing in it and they sang Christmas songs. Sure, there were plenty of lights and glitter and glam by Hobbs standards. But this pales in comparison to the Prestonwood Baptist Chruch of Plano, TX's Christmas production.

You see, Prestonwood has about the same number of members as Hobbs does residents in the WHOLE town. The first time I walked into this church I was like a deer in headlights. It was the Sunday after THE Sept 11th and I went w/ Mandy and her mom. We parked so far away that we had to ride a bus to get to the door and once inside...stores, maps, and more people than at TTU & Texas football game!!!

And this Christmas Festival? THE CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL? Wowzers. It started off with a traditional Norman Rockwell Christmas scene...ice skaters (on real ice!), horse drawn buggies, carolers, the whole schabang. Then Christmas Rocketts. And if that wasn't enough...there was half time and then the Christmas Story. Complete with Joseph and Mary and Inns Keepers and Camels w/ Wisemen walking through the aisles of the church...ohh, and donkeys and sheeps! And a real baby...not just a doll wrapped in a blanket! OHHHHHH...and how could I forget! ANGLES from the ceiling came swooping in. Un-be-leave-able.

SO am I excited about going this year? Yes I am. I hope to go more than once. I hope to be razzle-dazzled again at this Vegas-style Christmas Show right here in DFW, TX!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive