Tuesday, November 18, 2003

I often feel like I'm slacking in the wife department when I look around my house and there is sheer chaos. But tonight I reminded myself why it is NOT me. We spent 4 hours "organizing" our office. It doesn't look like anything has been done. Why???

Because there was so much frickin mail that we had to go through that nothing WAS done. There was a box that I thought was just stuff he hadn't unpacked (from when he moved in 19 months ago!!!) but tonight we went though it and it was mail that was UNOPENED from 1995-2000. HOLY HELL. He has every bank statement he's ever possessed. He has every receipt from every college he's attended (a good dozen, btw).

Also in this box was a collection of patches and pins. I assumed they were military related and ignored them. When he finally got to them he held them up and said "What should I do with my bowling awards?" Um. Let me think...we could put them on the mantle above the fireplace, or frame them next to my diploma...or ohhhh, I KNOW! Let's put these nifty bowling awards in this big white TRASH sack here so they can go out with the rest of the crap! He looked like I slapped him. But he won, they are still here...for now.

But tomorrow I will try again, to clean clean and clean some more. Maybe things will start to shape up, or I may have to ship out. Ha ha, right.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive