Sunday, January 18, 2004

I do believe I had my first baby shower today. I may have been to one before, but I really don't remember it. I went through all the people that I know that have babies and the only one I'm unsure of is my friend Hadley, I totally remember her having a shower, but not being there...so I don't think I was. And I didn't go to Aimee's because, well, I don't remember why. But it was 5 years ago and I know that it had something to do w/ my not being able to leave town that weekend. Other than that, I don't think I've been invited to any.

Anyway, my whole point is that I went to Misti/Davis' (yeah, Moe, I need to know how to do that too...) shower today. It was very nice. And I was so dreading whether or not there would be shower games...thankfully, there were not. Just some cake and punch and nuts (?...not sure if that was representative of it being a boy or what) and opening presents. I was the gift-recorder, so I didn't have to pretend I knew anyone...because, well, I didn't. I knew my few family members there and a few of Misti's other side family...and Holly. But no one else. SO it was good I was recording. She got some good stuff and some not so good stuff...but what can ya do? She'll be able to use most of it. One thing I was really surprised about is the fact that she only got 2 things that fit 0-3 months and one is for summer. Let's see. Being born in Februaryish he will be 3 months in early May...I doubt he'll be able to wear it, unless he's fat. And for any of those that have ever seen baby pictures of Davis's (hurry MOE!) momma, there's a pretty good chance that he will be on the "husky" side. It's a good thing that other people (like me and Moe) have bought her 0-3 stuff!

So all in all, it was basically a wedding shower but with a lot of pastels and rather than questions like "Where'd yall meet?" and comments like "Don't ever go to bed mad." you get questions like "Are you still throwing up?" and comments like "Are you doing anything to toughen up your nipples?"

Yes, someone really asked her that. Wild.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive