Tuesday, January 27, 2004

I forgot to mention that last week after I left Momma Misti's house that I went to Hobbs. I hadn't been there in like 2 years w/out Vic so since I was in the area and I have no job or anything...I went home, planning to stay 4-5 days. It was pretty uneventful at first, but then on Tue night (I got there Mon evenin) Vic and I were on the phone and he nonchalantly mentioned that Carson had been throwing up since I left on Sat. At first I just thought it was his normal deal...he used to throw up when I'd leave him w/ Misti & Moe in Lubbock, Mandy and Cookie in Lewisville...no biggie. Well, then he mentioned that he'd thrown up 6 times that day. SO I made him promise that he'd get up early and take him to the Vet. He went, they did blood work, gave him a shot, etc.

Well, I'm telling my mom all this over lunch on Wed and she thought that I should go home. For anyone that knows my mother, that is the first time she has ever encouraged me to leave...she kept saying that "she just had a feeling." SO I packed my stuff and left about 3 on Wed headed back home. Vic called at 3:30 and proceeds to tell me that he'd just been in a wreck and that he thinks my Beetle (only has about 5000 miles on it) is totaled, but that he's fine and they are waiting for the pokey. Another beetle ran a stop sign and hit him, she got the ticket, she wasn't hurt either...but then Vic tells me that he hit his head on the window. SO I make him go to the hospital because he already has brain issues and I didn't want anymore. He went, got a CT, they gave him some Lortabs (yeah) and sent him home.

Well, a week later Vic is still fine, my car is a hunk of crap sitting in the garage waiting to have the girls insurance fix/replace/at-least-get-me-a-rental but they (her insurance co. who WE contacted) still haven't been able to get in touch w/ her or her parents (she's 18, but still in HS), and Carson is recouping from major surgery.

Seems Mr. Witty Cat had a hairball the size of a softball in his stomach with a footlong piece of plastic string attached to it, but also winding into his intestines. The Vet had to open him up and do exploratory surgery and take all that stuff out. He was in the hospital from Fri to Mon, had lots of x-rays, etc. Lets just say that he is now a very expensive cat.

So I'm stuck at home w/out a car nursing a sick kitty that only wants his momma (he won't leave my side, and if I'm sitting he stays in my lap....right now he is perched on the desk BETWEEN me and the keyboard w/ my arms having to go around him to type). He has about a 4-5 inch incision on his fat tummy and I have to shove pills down his throat for the next 2 weeks.

On top of all that, I need a job. I keep applying online (Monster.com, co. websites, etc.) but I still haven't heard anything...so I'm going to have to break down and wander into places and beg for a job. Maybe then I won't have to pimp out a poodle or something.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive