Wednesday, January 28, 2004

We hear a lot about how lazy our society is and I typically just ignore it. But today I heard the end all be all of laziness. There is a commercial on the radio for some lasics something or another perfect vision surgery and the girl says "I used to have to turn on the TV, reach over, pick up my glasses, and put them on...JUST TO SEE THE TV! But now...blah blah blah..."

Holy Hell. Was it really that bad? Those trendy wire frames sure are heavy. And, WHOA, the loooong distance between where your hand picked them up and where they ended up on your face. Too bad your can't just "think" to change the channels.

I'm not saying that I don't see the appeal of not having to wear glasses. But for the deciding factor to be TV watching, well, that is just ludicrous.

I personally look exceptionally cute in glasses and without them my eyes look a smige too close together, so I am purrrrfectly happy with my cumbersome, heavy frames that I have to wear not only when watching TV but to actually walk without bumping into stuff...but hey, it takes all kinds....

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive