Wednesday, June 01, 2005

So, it's June the 1st. Today signifies the beginning of the 20 day holiday that I am going to call "Amanda Days." You see, my actual birthday is the 20th, but my original due date was in late May. So I have always just assumed that once June arrived, my mom probably thought each day was the day I would be born. She says she just remembers being tired and hot...but I pointed out that she is ALWAYS tired and hot in June, so that was not my doing. SO, anyway, I am taking it upon myself to celebrate each of the days in June leading up to my birth, which also usually coincides with the last day of spring (just as an added bonus).

It really isn't about simply being as self absorbed as I sound. See, Vic doesn't really like to celebrate anything. Not birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, etc. I've always enjoyed all of those things, but not obsessively. But on the 22end of this month it will be one full year since the night Vic sort of decided that he was leaving. And since I'm still making changes and adjusting to things being different, that is one that WILL be different this year. All of my holidays have really really sucked this past year. Even my birthday last year. SO with a fresh June, a fresh birthday, I am starting a fresh tradition of Amanda Days.

SO for the next 20 days I'm going to do something each day that makes it a cool day. Even if it's just actually shaving my legs or going to get a snowcone. So let me be the first to wish all of you a Happy Amanda Days. Hopefully I will remember to each day talk about what I've done for Amanda Days that day...but no promises!

It's Wednesday. I like Wednesdays. It's still not late enough for me to say, "I'll just do it next week..." but it's almost the weekend, so the light at the end of the tunnel has started to illuminate fun things in the approaching S days (you know, Saturday and Sunday...the only days in the week that start w/ S's which together create the weekend)! And this week that is especially true. Tomorrow is the end of my Maymester class. I can honestly say that it hasn't been as bad as I had anticipated. It has not been enjoyable by any means. But the anticipation was definitely the worst. I am pretty confident that I will have an A in there as well, so that's a nice little jewel as well.

Allison is leaving today to go to Odessa and the surrounding areas. I'm glad she's getting to go. She would probably explode if she had to stay around her until summer school starts on Monday. She is starting a master's program at UNT. We will be students together. She is also going to see her Walt, he is her boyfriend. I think. Actually I am not sure of the official title...but titles are kind of oppressive. Placing titles on relationships is sometimes necessary, but when it's not, I like to avoid them. With titles come a standard of rules...you know, a preconceived notion of what that title means. Anyway, I'm rambling about that so I will move on.

Mandy is once again a broke ass bitch. She fell down playing basketball at her family reunion in Hobbs last weekend. She made a trip to the Lovington ER where they told her it was sprained and put her in a brace and on crutches. Yesterday she went to the Dr. here and it's much worse than the Lovington ER doc thought (imagine that...a Dr. out there being wrong...shocking). She has to have an MRI tomorrow because they think she tore a ligament and if so, will have to have it pinned back together. She is in a boot up to her knee. Poor thing. I hate seeing people in pain.

Ok, I'm off. I must get back to Traumatic Brain injuries...nothing like a little TBI to ruin an unusually chipper mood! Actually first I think I'm going to go invite Allison for one last trip to the back porch...

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive