Wednesday, October 16, 2002

I talked for months about getting married. On here, in real life, in my sleep, everywhere. Then it came and went and I really haven't said much. I'm not sure why; there is SO much to say. But I think above all is that I had more fun than I could have ever imagined.

People were a tad horrified when we moved it to Vegas...If I had a dollar for every time someone said "Is Elvis gona be there?!" I wouldn't have to worry about being unemployed for the next few YEARS! But my wedding weekend met every expectation that I could have ever conjured up in my little bean!

There were friends, family, and neon lights. What else do you need? The people that were there were the ones that I really cared were there. There were a few that should have been there that were not, and there were a few that should have gone back to where they came from (read=Manhattan). Even with some general anxieties about meeting his mother for the first time, seeing his devil great aunt that mailed me a scale a month before the wedding (which I took back to Macy's yesterday...$67.84 baby!), and dealing with most other members of his family...it was wonderful. Ideally it would have been MY friends and MY family...but if his hadn't been there who would I have bitched about?!

So that's it. It was great. It was like all the people that I am close too all had to hang out together for me. And I think that everyone had a good time. I know there were a few incidences, but that's what liquor and lack of sleep does even to the best of us. I'm so glad that Vic and I made the decision to move it, and I am so glad that people supported us and came along for the ride. I felt really lucky to have so many FRIENDS there. They have always been the most important thing to me, they are my chosen family (it just happens that some really are family :))

I also have to note my new friend. Andra is cool. I so enjoyed you hangin out with us and I'm so excited you're bloggin! How come you never came to Lubbock when I lived with M & M? Anyway, thanks for the hair do...and just the general support...for some reason you made me remain calm. Too bad you couldn’t have had the same effect on Misti. I need your address. Will you email it to me? amandathegr8@bemoedee.com :)

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive