Thursday, October 17, 2002

I went to good ol' Friends of the Family today to beg for a job and no one worth begging was there. So I just sat around, answered the phone, and showed off wedding pictures. I did fill out an application since my name, address, and education level has changed since I was last hired there. I think all they have are shelter positions. I'm not too keen on the idea of chillin at an abused women's shelter...not too pleasant. And $9 an hour is not enough to put up with their crapola. SO from there I went to DCMHMR. That's Denton Co. Mental Health Mental Retardation. I got an application for a "Crisis Intervention Therapist." It's $12.80 an hour and it's more of the intake type job that I like. Just basic peer counseling. Fun stuff. I wanted to fill out the application there, but I seem to have misplaced my driver’s license. I just got it Tuesday and I didn't leave the house yesterday. Where-o-where? SO I'm on the hunt for that now and then I'll take the app. back tomorrow.

Then NEXT Thursday I'm going to the Region 11 "Teacher Preparation Program Meeting." It's the Q&A session about the alternative certification program like Misti went too. It's in Ft. Worth at 5:30 p.m. so traffic will be neat.

So I think that I'll work in the mental health field until next summer when I go to school for 5 weeks to be a teacher and then I'll teach. I hope to get the job at MHMR and make some good friends there so that when I start teaching I can go back and they can treat me. I've always wanted to be a teacher. I was even an education major for a year. Yeah. So it's no big deal that I'm not going to finish my masters right now. Just don't tell anyone, I've not announced it to the fam.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive