Monday, November 11, 2002

If there was ever any doubt that we weren’t avid (read: pathetic) blog readers...it should be abolished. In less than 4 hours we all knew she was back. She's been gone for a month. Have we really all been checking? Yes. Sad to say, I have. Several times a day I check. Even after a month of silence. Anyway, thanks Andra for the song. I would tell a friend but I don't have anyone to tell that reads blogs. But I sang it aloud.

We had a busy day today. We started with lunch at On the Border. They opened one in Denton, pretty close to the house about a week ago. It’s one of my very favorite places to eat…taco salad…yummy! They also opened a Texas Roadhouse (blah) and soon Olive Garden's doors will swing wide open. Denton is movin' up in the world.

Next we went to get Vic a hair cut at "Quick Cuts and Fast Tans." I like to go with him to get a hair cut because the last time he went alone to this place he came home with "blonde" (more like orange) highlights. It took me a week to tell him he looked HORRIBLE, he liked it. We also went to Target to find a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie for Kelsi. I had a list of what she already had, and the two that she wanted most. Target only had ONE MK&A movie, so we left and went to Hastings. Let me tell you, they had quite the selection. Hastings built a brand spankin new building right next to their old one and they are all moved in. Coffee shop and all! They had at least a dozen MK&A movies to choose from, including the 2 that she wanted the most. And for only 7.99, I splurged and got her two!

Next it was time for the neurologist. A couple of weeks ago Vic was having some strange symptoms and I thought they were related to his brain surgeries. But with the way insurance is in this day and times; you must have a fucking referral to get into the doc that actually knows what is wrong. So I called the family practitioner that got me into my allergy doc and he saw Vic and referred him to this neurologist. All in all, I thought we had good news. It seems his muscle spasms are basically seizures. Or strokes. We aren't sure. But the MRI taken on 10/31/02 showed a pretty significant stroke spot, but only one and he has spasms several times a day. (and BTW: I know exactly when he had it. It was last Feb when we were sitting in our marriage class at UNT. I told him right then and there that he was having a stoke and he refused to go to the ER and told me I was being irrational. So I told the Dr. exactly what I saw and he said that was I was describing would have been a stroke in the exact part of his brain that the MRI showed. I don't claim to ALWAYS be right, but pretty damn close!) SO he started him on a drug that is commonly used for epilepsy. It's one that has been around for a good 20 years and is in the Zero-Zero category which is nice. That's what we need. I really liked this man, he seemed to know what he was talking about AND he seemed interested in Vic as a whole person, not just as a customer. The other things we saw in the MRI included a smaller AVM (which was the original reason for brain surgery...started the size of a golf ball, now it's barely visible...YEAH) and a GIANT cyst. He's had this cyst all his life but this Dr. wanted some old films to compare size, he thought it looked a little too big to be as sweet and innocent as Vic claims it to be. SO tomorrow I am taking the Dr. a set of MRI's from 1995 to compare. We should know more soon. SO you ask "Why is all this good news?" Because the AVM is much smaller than it was in 10/01 when he had the latest gamma knife to shrink it, so that was a success. We know, or at least have a path to, why he is having all of these strange symptoms. If this drug doesn't work, we can try some more aggressive drug therapies. And the cyst, well, that could potentially be bad news...but two out of three is good. So I'm just going to go with what Vic said and he thinks it's still the same size as it always was, therefore it's still A-OK!

Next to Allen. It takes about 45 minutes to get to Lance & Lori's house from Denton, but since we were supposed to be there no later than 5:30...we left at 4 to beat traffic. We were there early and Lori had to do some running around...so Vic and I stayed with Reagan for about a half hour. He is damn funny. We talked all about Bob the Builder, he wanted to know why he wasn't INVITED to our wedding, and if Vic was my Dad. We watched part of Fox and the Hound...so cute.

Once Lori returned, we all headed out to Autumn's soccer game. It was the 3rd game in a 4 game tournament. Autumn was the smallest girl out of both teams, but she had the ball A LOT! She is so small she just kind of runs circles around the other girls. Her team, the Yellow Jackets, won 1 to 0.

Next to dinner. We went to Two Rows. It was like a micro brewery w/out the brewery. I ordered cheeseburger pizza...everything that would be on a cheeseburger, but on a pizza minus the tomato sauce. I wish I had told then no large shards of plastic because I sure did get on in about my second bite! It was about the size of a nickel, but with a big sharp point. I spit it out, dried it off on my napkin, and handed it to the waitress. I got a new pizza, free. I can bite plastic in my pizza if it's free. Came in handy since we are broke ;).

Now we are home. Vic is watching the stupid football game. Seems it’s the 500th monday night football or something like that. I'm not exactly sure why that's cool, but he, Lance, and the TV are making a big deal about it. Whatever. So anyway, that was my busy day. It's just about bed time. Nice lizard by the way. Had you not put the penny next to it, and maybe placed it before some west TX landscaping...you could have told us it was a dinosaur you found in Andrews or something. Really time for bed.

Peace in the Middle East.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive