Saturday, March 22, 2003

I had a rather feisty day today.

I wore an outfit today that Vic said he couldn't hear me speaking over because it was so LOUD. We have been thinking of trading in my Bonneville for a Beetle. As I'm standing there in my loud but very cute outfit, the young, good-looking VW salesman asked me why I'm interested in this car. I smiled broadly and explained to him that "Like me, this car is short and fat and that in most cars I don't have much room between me and the steering wheel; but in this one I do...and I have TONS of slack in the seatbelt." Batted my eyes and then said "It's fat friendly, and I'm fat...it's cute, and I'm cute." I added that part for the two skinny chicks that were listening from the info desk. They began staring as soon as we walked in (could have been that my outfit is see-through, didn't care) but were obviously shocked that I used fat and cute in the same sentence to describe something other than a bunny or a baby.

Talk about shock and awe! Sorry, bad joke, anyway...moving on...

WARNING: SLIGHT RANT.

If everyone looked the same, people-watching would be pointless, and I LOVE variety! Just like when I go get a bagel and they only have sesame seed ones left and I'm disappointed at the lack of variety. Why am I the only one who gets it? What on earth possesses the whole world to think that being thin, blonde, and tan is the #1 way to be looked at favorably? Not at all saying those things are bad, but I want something fat, bald, and pastey to go with it and everything else.

And you know what else??? My own personal comfort is the most important thing these days. I'm not going to just "grin and bear it" when someone tried to stick me in the corner booth or make me go threw the turnstile to get into Seaworld or wear shoes because they are in style but hurt like hell to actually stand up in. I haven't for sometime now when I was w/ the fat parents, Vic, or someone else I know won't care when I make a stink...but I think those days are over. If I see a way that I can be most comfy, I'm going to do my damnest to get it. Unless of course I'm in the mood to wear torturous shoes or be in the booth in the corner, then (like the other night when me and Bernadette wanted to talk privately at Cattle Baron!) I will grin and bear it. But I will no longer feel that I have to for anyone other than me.

OH! And trying to browse in the antique store today?! I was a nervous wreck that my ass was going to knock some table that was missing 1/2 a leg over and break some gnarly nick-knack that should have been thrown in the damn trash back when Texas only had 5 flags over it! That's not my fault, it's theirs. Stop being greedy and pack-ratish and go through with a couple of BOXES of lawn and leaf bags...then there will be some room to walk and I bet some of that horrible stench will fade too. SO, I left without buying 2 stained glass windows that I had intended to purchase just because I was annoyed.

END RANT.

I can remember being in Hawaii several years ago and seeing this beautiful woman walking along the beach. She was probably 6 feet and 400+ lbs. She had wavy black hair down to her knees and was wearing a sarong-type skirt that was just tied around her waist and a top that showed her stomach and a bright yellow flower behind her ear. Her (assuming) husband was holding her hand as they walked but when they paused to stare at the luau; he stood behind her and put both his hands on her wide, shelf-like hips. I couldn't take my eyes off of her/them...she was SO beautiful...she seemed to have this positive energy that effortlessly demanded attention and respect.

I love to remember her. She has NO idea how often I think of her.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive