Saturday, March 13, 2004

So Kim got a call on Thurs. from Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas saying that she needed to make an appt. w/ Drew's neurosurgeon. Seems that 2 months ago when he had his MRI, said hospital misplaced the films until this past Thurs. when they found them and finally got them to the Dr. on Fri. Soooo, to make a long story short...it sounds like Drew might need a shunt put in his brain. The next step is on Mon to make an appt w/ the Dr. in Dallas, get a CT scan done ASAP, and set up an appt w/ the Dr. in San Francisco for a second opinion. Brain surgery always needs a second opinion. I simply can not get over the fact that the hospital did that AND that the Dr. didn't notice he never got the films he ordered. Needless to say, they could use some prayers...for Drew and for strength for all of them.

Speaking of brains. Vic's having his angiogram on Monday. It's a day surgery, we have to be there at 6 am, the hospital (Medical City) is 45 mins away. I'm not excited about sitting by myself at a hospital all day. I'm going to work on my knitting CD-rom tomorrow so maybe I can take that with me, my knitting project, not the CD. We take him back to the Dr. on Mar 30th to decide the plan of attack, which we already pretty much know...attempting to fix the AVM w/ embolization, if it fails (50/50 chance) then do open-head brain surgery the next day to put some platinum clips on it & poke some holes in the cyst. I had wanted him to wait to have the surgery til the end of the semester, but he told me last night that he has a strong sense of urgency to get it taken care of. It's up to him, I suppose. Other than missing school, my main reason for wanting him to wait has been dashed...so if he thinks school will be ok with missing 1-2 weeks...then that's what we'll do.

In more fun news...Nancy and Frank were beautified. They went to Bobbie O's Pet Salon in Lake Dallas. Bobbie O made me look like a lil' tiny thing and had 2 missing teeth. But, boy how-dee, those poodles sure do look perty. She inspires me to speak just such. Nancy has the fanciest PINK bows in her ears and pink toes. Frank haD a nice bandana, but he ate it off so Vic threw it away.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive