Saturday, March 27, 2004

When I don't blog it's not because I am busy or am just not...I always have time. It's just I don't have anything to say. I've had a hard 2 weeks. With the exception of Vic's good news, I could have lived under a rock and been much happier.

I do appreciate all of the condolences. But Nana lived to be old, had lots of good times, and is now where she wants to be. That's very peaceful. Did anyone besides me think about the fact that she died on St. Patricks Day...not so lucky.

The other thing that happened was the loss of my very sweet old Poodle man, Rowdy, yesterday. He lived with my parents, he was almost 12. That's 84 in poodle years. But it was still very very sad. There are only so many truly great dogs and he was one. To make it all worse, he had to be put to sleep. I won't go into the long drama, but basically he couldn't get up and William had to pick him up and carry him to the vet. If you would like to see him, here's the link to my old website and he's towards the bottom of the page. He will be missed greatly, he was a member of our family.

Photo Album

I've had so much time to reflect on what it would be like to not believe in heaven and God and all and I have to say...it would suck. I am so glad that I believe that I am going somewhere after I die, and more immediately, that my loves ones go somewhere after they die. I've had enough death for awhile, we need more babies. Andra? Wendy? Moe? (ok, so you can't officially for a few more months...but hey, nothin' like a shotgun weddin'...KIDDING).

I'm really nervous that as bad as all the news has been lately, that Vic's appt on Tue's to get a second opinion will not go as hoped. Now, as an educated (college, too, but as Moe pointed out...doesn't necessarily mean much...) very NON-superstitious person I know that one bad event does not connect to other bad events. My logical brain tells me that it's stupid to think that just because everything has sucked for 2 weeks, that this week will naturally suck too. SO I am really just being pessimistic. And I need to stop it. But I can't. I feel like I'm holding my breath until Tuesday. I will exhale then.

Did I mention that Drew does, indeed, have to have a shunt put in? Yeah, poor baby. Keep him in your prayers too.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive