Monday, August 26, 2002

I went to a "first day" of school. I'm proud of me. It was Rehabilitation Counseling Theories. I was scared of this class before today; it sounded hard. Ok, not hard, just like it was going to require more effort that I wanted to give. But he wants us to "discover ourselves." He says that to go into counseling that one must have some unresolved issues and that we must confront them. Basically a nicer way of saying shrinks are nuts...you know, the "takes one to know one" thing. Anyway, we only have one "big" paper and it's just 12 pages, 8 sources! And it's all about MY theory of counseling. I think that's cool.

On a side note, there is a man in my class that has a big silver hook for a hand. I liked it and decided that the next time I see him I'm going to tell him I think it's cool. We walked to the coke machine together. There is also a dude in a wheelchair due to a spinal cord injury, and a chick with a noticeable speak problem due to a brain injury. There are only 14 people in the class. That is why rehab is so cool. There are people with some real challenges and they are overcoming them. My challenges are: procrastination, making excuses, laziness, being judgmental, and just generally being a bitch. I just think I have real problems until I am around people with REAL real issues.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive