Sunday, June 22, 2003

When I know I have to get up early, I can't ever sleep well. Besides that and sleeping til noon yesterday and then taking a "nap" from 5:30-9...I've not gone to bed. I laid in there from 2 til 5 am; but all I did was flip flop and rub Nancy's tummy. At one point I was almost asleep, but then I heard a HUGE bang. I called Vic, but he said I was being paranoid. I was *almost* back asleep again, and then he called me back to see how I was. I then was calm enough to get up and investigate. Seems one of the felines knocked the ironing board over and the iron and all hit the wall. They have fun at night while the poos sleep. SO Now I'm about to get in the shower because we are going to the 8:00 am service at church. This will be our 4th Sunday in a row at Denton Bible church. Cool.

I too would like to add my excitement about the baby Greaud that has surprised us all. I mean, I suppose it was a surprise...we ALL know how babies are made...so it was an obvious chance. I just see so many good things happening because of this. Besides the fact that HE (I had a feeling even before the Chinese pish-posh said it was a boy!) is a blessing from God...Misti will change in so many ways...all for the better. She is scared of doctors and has always worried about her health, but because she is scared to seek answers...she just worries. No more! She will be pricked, prodded, and examined beyond her wildest dreams...and then she will have answers. Yes, it will be hard for her to get used to. She'll bitch and moan (Misti?! NEVER!) but in the end, she will fell EMONTIONALLY so much better. I also have worried about her feeling like she doesn't have enough to do, that too will never be the case again...at least not for a good 20 years of so. And the dogs, well, it will be hard to break it to Deltie, but they are going to have to realize that they are just that. Dogs. I know, I know. I love mine in an abnormal-too-extreme way too, but with the way Misti loves to be da Mom...it's just perfect...Waco won't be the only boy child anymore...they will all have a new HUMAN brother. And Misti will get to housetrain someone who she can teach to flush and not use the decorative towels. It seems all the big news Mr. Meme has had in the last few years has either been bad, or if it's good...it's been shadowed by the bad. But this, other than her being in shock and having a little fear of the unknown, will be good. It's a way to break the old patterns and move on by starting a new generation of "Matthews" to carry on the legacies of the past.

Anyway, keep in mind this is an up all night ramble...but I just think this is just what M&D (Misti & Danny OR Mom & Dad!) needed. And I couldn't be more excited to start buying BABY stuff!!!!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive