Saturday, June 22, 2002

I don't tend to roll my eyes when I am completely floored by a notion. My jaw, however, does seem to drop about 3/4 of an inch. Why on earth would someone get another dog when they are about to start school, immediately followed by a real full time school year?! It takes forever to get a dog adjusted and housetrained, etc. YOU KNOW THIS. Why start all over? And then to name the poor hotdog "Delta Dawn." I am appalled. If anyone has ever needed an ass beating, it would be you.

I do like the idea of taking a 7 year old baby cat. The older animals get, the harder it is to find good homes. Seven tends to be a magic number too. Any older than that and people are weary. But I know that Mr. Witty will be 6 on the 4th of July and he has lots of good years left (assuming that he doesn't try to eat my hand again). Kittens are sweet. They are damn funny. They are just plain ol' adorable. But my God, they are BAD. They are into everything and they are equipped with razors for claws and teeth. Even if you get them declawed, there are still the back claws and the TEETH. Felines, teeth, and Amanda. NO GOOD. I don't know if I will ever get a kitten, I prefer making friends with a cat. Kind of like kids, I don't like them so much. But I love people. Just not when they are young.

As for my birthday. Vic surprised me by MAKING a carrot cake. Mandy decorated it, but it was too warm when she did so and the "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" ran quite a bit and looked like the Scream letters. He and Mandy got me a cool watch too. He took me to dinner. We were supposed to go to the movies, but that didn't happen. I went to bed early. I don't remember why last year was so miserable, but I know that I hated my birthday last year. So this year was quite an improvement. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. Jamey had asked to take me to dinner tonight, but we moved it to dinner and a movie on Sunday. That should be fun :).

Don't bitch about a lack of blogs. Read back through and see that for the last few weeks, there are some that are just like once a week from you. I, too, have a pathetic life and internet life and thoroughly enjoy reading blogs...Pot callin the kettle black, I do declare.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive