Tuesday, June 25, 2002

Ok. So I'm starting to freak out. Who in the hell is going to come to my shower. There are like 6 hostesses and that is about all the adults that I know other than my mother and 2 aunts. SO I went through my guest list to the wedding and rated people 0 to 3 on how likely they are to come. I chilled out a little after that. And after I called Jamey and hung up on her voice mail. She immediately called back and said "Is someone dead." "Um, no, but I don't think anyone will come to my shower." She said "OHHHH AMANDA." She didn't think it was as big of a deal as I did. But damn, it really is giving me stress. I'm so not used to A) not doing the hosting and B) being the center of attention! It is like a bigger deal if no one comes to my shower that it is if no one comes to my wedding. These wonderful women that I've known my whole life are organizing it for me, but I organized my wedding so no big loss if the wedding party is all that shows up. And most of the fun of that is getting to leave and go on a honeymoon.

Speaking of honeymoons, we booked ours today. We are going to the Mayan Riviera aka the Mayan Sun Coast, just south of Cancun. We are leaving (flying FIRST CLASS on American, so there will be no need for my fat ass to purchase 2 seats) Monday Oct 7th and coming back Friday Oct 11th. We are staying at some kick ass resort/spa place that Vic picked out, it has 6 stars and is brand new and no one under age 18 is allowed there...so I said BOOK IT!

I think on the 5th, after the wedding, there is going to be a pretty sweet little kegger at The Goff Family Windmill, hosted by the only 2 Goff's that imbibe, Chewy and Rue. I just told Tamalca and she is stoked. She went to her first (and only) barn party in Hobbs and she's pretty excited about her first windmill party. I ran many a times from the cops from that very windmill, but of course that was before I was legal to drink OR it was occupied as part of the Goff Empire. Anyway, as of now I want to stay for the party...but who knows by then.

My mom told me to find a shrink and ask for some Paxil before my shower so I chill out. That's really not a bad idea, but that's really really pathetic. SO for now I will stick to calling Jamey in the middle of the night for her to reassure me that I'm fine.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive