Tuesday, June 18, 2002

Let's talk about what's happened to my parents in their old, I mean, middle age. My dad has gotten stuck in this...well...we will call it "routine." He thinks that EVERYTHING should stay the same regardless of if something new and better comes along. SO back in like 1995 when we got the internet at my parents house, we started using AOL. They were the shizzznit. Fast-forward 7 years and there have been quite a few technological advances. Bob still likes him some dial-up AOL. I tell him all the time that their are faster, easier, more affordable options. He just grumbles and goes on. All things work this way...the long distance carrier, driving directions, radio stations, etc.

You want to know why I haven't blogged? Because I've been at their house. I refuse to wait 20 minutes for AOL to make 15+ attempts to even connect to the net, and then wait 10 more for the front page to load...only to be kicked off because I sneezed or something. SO I didn't get online and I will never in Hobbs unless they decide to come out of the dark ages and at least put a recliner at the desk so that I may nap while I wait for things to open.

The other reason I haven't blogged? Well. Because I ain't got nuffin to say. All I do is work and sleep.

I did stopped in Abilene on the way back from H-town on Sunday to see Kim, Bryan, and Avery. I sat there and cried as I watched Kim breastfeed Avery. What the hell!?!?!?! Has something happened to me? I didn't used to be this way. Vic told me not to get any ideas. It was the sweetest thing I had ever seen. Avery is just a little tiny Kim and it was so amazing that 3 days before we were saying things like "I just want her to have all 10 fingers and all 10 toes!" And there she was. It made me want one, but then she had to be burped and I got over it. But she is so perfect, I feel like she is mine. I guess I am kind of an aunt.

AND I did go see Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. Um. It's ok. It's cute, but it's not nearly as neat as the books. And there were a few things that were different that I didn't quite approve of. But I am glad that I saw it. Vic on the other hand just stared at his watch the whole time. He loathed and despised it. I told him the books were better and he said "I should hope so! But what would make you to read them in the first place?!?!" SO do NOT take any person(s) with penis(s) to see it. Even if they like others like themselves, this is like REALLY REALLY a chick flick.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive