Tuesday, December 31, 2002

I had the greatest idea. I love to eat at home, and I also love to cook. But I hate to handle raw meat. So we eat a lot of things that use ground beef because you can cook it frozen and it doesn't have to be touched. So my idea was that I could boil a ton of chicken all at once and keep it in the frig so I wouldn't have to mess with that issue all the time. Just a lot at one time. SO I purchased 3 bags of 9 chicken breasts and thawed them last night. Today I cut all the crap off and boiled them. They are cooling now so I can refrigerate them. I was worried about how long they would stay good, but Mom read that they will stay good for 3-4 weeks. We can have 7-9 chicken meals in the next 3 weeks. I have been reading my cookbooks for things to cook. There are 4 new recipies to try that require boiled chicken and I have at least 4 old ones that I can make. I am truly becoming Martha Stewart.

Speaking of being a domestic engineer, I love the magazine Real Simple. It has delightful stuff in it. In this months' they profiled blow dryers. It made me want a new one. There is one bad ass one that is $89. I would my hair would be beautiful if I used that! I found a thing online to get 4 free issues of the zine. So I did. I have purchased them on road trips before, but never a subscription. I had intended to cancel after I received my free issues, but I think that I may go ahead and pay for a full year. That's amazing seeking as how I usually only read Spin and Newsweek; and I HATE schtuff like Cosmo.

I had originally thought that I would go to this party at Leanna’s house tonight, but then today I didn’t want to. But I do believe I have found my second wind. I am off to the shower and then to buy a bottle of Crown. It’s been awhile since I got down and dirty with royalty. I actually haven’t drank since Vegas!

Blog yall next year! Hope everyone has a SAFE and fun night!

Sappy Few Jear!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive