Saturday, April 03, 2004

I had saved this to do it later and then forgot about it...so it's updated now. And though I sound picky, I am really not. Just about meat. I do admit that I'm picky about meat...I would actually be happy being a vegetarian again, but I live w/ a carnivorous husband and if I have to mess w/ cooking it...I'm gona eat it. So though this is terribly pointless, I thought it was interestin'...

What's the last thing you ate? left over lasagna, salad, pineapple juice

What's your favorite cheese? I love a stinky stinky cheese! Have yall seen that commercial? The traveling gnome? No, but really, I do love cheese. All of them. From Brie to colby jack to swiss to provolone to cheddar!

What's your favorite fish? I'd rather naw off my own arm than eat anything that lived in water.

What's your favorite fruit? There's not one single one I don't eat. But most often...bananas, oranges, blueberries, tomatos

When, if ever, did you start liking olives? I love to put jumbo black olives on all of my fingers and eat them off. I hate green ones.

When, if ever, did you start liking beer? Ahh, yes, the summer of 96. Miller Lite. Thanks to Levi Whitley, who was the only person I knew w/ a fake ID.

When, if ever, did you start liking shellfish? Refer to the nawing of the own arm response earlier.

What was the best thing your mum/dad/guardian used to make? Everything my mom makes I can make better. Except chicken fried steak and gravy. My dad makes a kick ass fruit salad every Thanksgiving & Christmas...he can cut the apples just right and get just the right amount of sugar in the whipping cream! My Beth grandma makes the best german chocolate cake, snow ice cream, & chicken noodle stuff and Trent Grandad makes awesome chicken salad on toast w/ the crust cut off. He always cuts me up an apple when I'm there too :).

What's the native specialty of your home town? Other than Avila's Nipa Hut Burritos or Pizza Mill & Sub Factory's happy hour cokes...nothing. It's Hobbs, NM. Duh.

What's your comfort food? Sonic coke & gum

What's your favorite type of chocolate? I only like milk chocolate, and not usually by it's self...but I do love a good brownie!

How do you like your steak? WELL DONE! Gray on the inside, crunchy on the outside! Yes, I'm serious.

How do you like your burger? Well done, cheese, mustard, onions, pickles, lettuce, tomatos, wheat bun.

How do you like your eggs? Scrambled hard w/ lots of pepper and ketchup

How do you like your potatoes? Yes, please! Garlic mashed is my fav.

How do you take your coffee? I'd rather have a coke or iced tea. I will drink a Starbucks mocha every now and then.

How do you take your tea? Iced tea only...plain or sweet.

What's your favorite mug? I don't have "mugs" I have left over Sonic cups.

What's your biscuit or cookie of choice? oatmeal chocolate chip

What's your ideal breakfast? leftovers from the night before, cold.

What's your ideal sandwich? I am a turkey sandwich connoisseur.

What's your ideal pizza? Lots of cheese, onion, black olives, & a little bell pepper.

What's your ideal pie? I only really like 3 kinds: banana cream, coconut, pumpkin

What's your ideal salad? I've not meet too many I didn't like.

What food do you always like to have in the fridge? Yogurt, juice, butter, eggs, milk, ketchup, mustard, cheese, whole wheat tortillas.

What food do you always like to have in the freezer? ground beef, b/s less chicken, biscuits, popsicles, frozen fruit

What food do you always like to have in the cupboard? instant mashed potatos, rice, pasta, Vic's damn tuna & corned beef hash, cup of noodles, crackers w/ unsalted tops, canned veggies, extra ketchup & juice, cream of everything soups

What spices can you not live without? Garlic and pepper and I'm good to go.

What sauces can you not live without? Ketchup. It's love in a bottle.

Where do you buy most of your food? Albertsons

How often do you go food shopping? I try to go about every 10 days.

What's the most you've spent on a single food item? I don't know...but I know that the deli's peppered turkey that I love is almost $9 a lb. No MSG's or nitrates, dontcha know!

What's the most expensive piece of kitchen equipment you own? Kitchen Aid mixer, but it's a hand me down from mom.

What's the last piece of equipment you bought for your kitchen? a pink spoon at William-Sonoma

What piece of kitchen equipment could you not live without? my chopper! ohh, and my apple slicer

How many times a week/month do you cook from raw ingredients? I'm working on that. It used to be about once a week, now I'm up to at least 5 times a week.

What's the last thing you cooked from raw ingredients? Teri & I made lasagna last night. But just me...um, I made grilled squash & au gratin potatoes and Vic cooked steaks outside.

What meats have you eaten besides cow, pig and poultry? I've tried fish and damn near died. I eat: ground beef, filet mignon, burnt bacon, breakfast sausage, chicken w/out bones, and turkey. That. Is. All. No pork chops, no ribeyes, no ribs...no bones can be on my plate, actually...no shrimp, no chicken legs, etc!

What's the last time you ate something that had fallen on the floor? I don't remember, but I do it often. God made dirt and dirt don't hurt.

What's the last time you ate something you'd picked in the wild? Um. Never. Thanks. I stay out of the wild.

Place in order of preference (greatest to least): Garlic, basil, lime, mint, ginger, anise. ( I only like garlic, basil, and sometimes lime. I don't like ginger much and mint is made for gum only and I have no clue what anise is.)

Place in order of preference: sex, food, Internet, books, movies, fashion. (that's a stupid question, it's like comparing apples to oranges...)

Bread and spread: biscuit and peach preserves

What's your fast food restaurant of choice, and what do you usually order? Quizno's turkey guacamole w/ swiss on wheat

What's the next thing you'll eat? more left over lasagna in the morning

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive