Thursday, August 12, 2004

Vegan Protein Sources

This was a website that I liked a lot when I was a vegetarian. This article more vegan, but it gives you a good list of foods other than meats (and eggs, cheese, milk, etc.) that have protein.
Vegetarians often don't get enough protein, so it was something I constantly watched out for.

FDA Allows Health Claim For Walnuts - Cholesterol Archives

Super Foods to the Rescue-- Steven Pratt, MD-- 02/03/04

And, Wendy, those are for you. The second one is a good article about the book/interview w/ the author that I'm slowly but surely reading, SuperFoods Rx. Worthy of a look!

SO with all these food issues being blogged about....I've been thinking about going back to being a veghead for awhile now, but more seriously in the past week or so. I think I'm going to slowly back off. Right now there will be no more pork. That's the easiest for me to give up because I don't like it much. But I don't say "no bacon" when I order a salad at Logans either. Next will be beef, then chicken, and I'm not sure about turkey. That is the one that i'm having the hardest time with. I love turkey sandwiches. Anyway, I'll update yall on my progression as it occurs. I feel so much better (mostly ethically) when I'm not eating animals. But that's just me. And don't tell my beef-cattle-raisin'-grandparents. They freeked last time!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive