Saturday, August 28, 2004

I worked out with my personal trainer yesterday. Then came home and got in bed (it was 3:30) and didn't get up until I had to go to class this morning at 9 (sad sad, Saturday school). I thought I was going to die. Everything I have hurts. I found muscles that have been missing for the better part of my life. Luckily, school was out at 11 rather than the scheduled 3. It only meets 5.5 more times during the semester which is cool. The half comes from the fact that on Dec 4th, rather than a "final" we are going to get together for an "ethnic meal"...don't know if it'll be potluck or at a restaurant...but whatever it is is better than a test :).

Here's what I'm takin':

Rehab 5230. Psychosocial Aspects of Rehabilitation. 3 hours. The course reviews the psychological and social aspects of individual and family adjustment to disability and chronic illness, including findings of research on the adjustment process and on the relationship of psychophysiological and social variables to the acquisition and maintenance of health and illness/disability. The course also reviews some of the current theories and methods for assisting individuals and families through the process of adjustment to disability and chronic illness.

Rehab 5300. Rehabilitation Counseling Theories. 3 hours. Study of major counseling theories and techniques with focus on principles and competency in rehabilitation counseling. Course covers special applications and modifications that may be required in counseling people with mental, physical or emotional disabilities.

Rehab 5650. Rehabilitation in a Multicultural Society. 3 hours. Exploration of rehabilitation in the context of 21st-century American society. Ethnic, cultural and other diversity influences on the planning and delivery of rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities. (This is my Sat. class!)

SOOOOO interesting. I am really dreading 5230. The woman that teaches that is also my advisor and she is whacky. She is the director of the Neurotherapy Lab and is all into stuff like EEG biofeedback and the spiritual stuff & how it relates to rehab. I'm so scared. But I will be glad to get it over with. It is my most dreaded class, it just fit my schedule best. Though, I will miss both CSI and CSI-Miami due to school. See, I need a Tivo too.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive