Wednesday, February 12, 2003

In case any of you are wondering if you actually know someone that went out and bought the recommended supplies in case of a "terror" attack, you do. That's right. My sometimes extreme hubby felt it necessary to trek to Sam's last night and buy 15 gallons of water, lots of canned goods, batteries, a radio, fire extinguisher, and walkie-talkie things. Don't think the last two items were on the suggested list, but hey, you never know. I just went along with it all; it was exciting in a sick sort of way. The whole time I kept feeling like I was in the prequel to that 70's Charlton Heston movie, "The Omega Man." There's this part where the Dr. scientist dude (Mr. Heston) throws this chick a gun and she says "What's this for?" and he replies "Comfort."

I've been sick for a few days and can't get into the stinking Dr. I think I have my traditional sinus infection. Blah. I also have my first test tomorrow. I am always sick when it’s completely inconvenient. Not that it’s ever convenient, but you know.

Vic was trying to be sweet tonight and cook dinner. I entered the kitchen to find a pan full of “Manwich” with some slightly stale whole wheat bread to put it on. Now, even if I hadn’t been a wee bit nauseous from the overdose of cold meds I’ve doped myself up on, I wouldn’t have wanted to eat this stuff. Vic was a little perturbed when I sweetly told him thanks, but no thanks. I ate a baked potato w/ cottage cheese instead. It was the best thing I’ve ever eaten. Though I’m sure this will be brought up again as soon as I try to make him try something he doesn’t want to eat.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive