Wednesday, February 05, 2003

Went to Hobbs to get the pekingese and came home without it. They were going to keep him, but since I've been home all of 17 hours, they have decided they can NOT keep him. They remind me often of why I like them better now that I don't live with them.

I'm cooking supper tonight, "Mock Fillet Mignon" and "Garlic Mashed potatoes." I have everything the recipes call for EXCEPT: meat, potatoes, and garlic. Ha ha ha ha. SO I'm off to the store. Vic is sick and he's been working a ton, so I thought I'd surprise him. Not with having supper ready, but by us not having to have THE discussion:

Me: "Whatcha want to eat tonight?"

Him: "I don't care, what do you want?"

Me: "Whatever you want."

Him: "I really don't care, it's up to you."

Me: "No, really, you've worked all day...you decide."

Him: "I'm so hungry, anything sounds great."

Me: "Well, fine. If it's up to me, then we are going out to eat."

Him: "AMANDA. We HAVE to stop eating out!"

Me: "Then YOU pick something for us to cook!"

Him: "Whatever is fine."

Me: "I'm not cooking anything until you tell me something."

Him: "I don't know, what do we have?"

Me: "The same stuff we always have, you are with me when we go to the grocery store."

Him: Walk to the pantry, open it. Stare blankly. Walk to the frig, open it. Stare blankly. Open the freezer. Stare. Walk back to the living room. Stare blankly at me.

Me: "See, nothing new."

Him: "Where do you want to go eat?"

Me: "I da know, where to you want to go...."


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive