Sunday, July 27, 2003

I don't know who thought of Netflix, but I love them. I've only been a member about 3 weeks...but I've watched more movies than I have in a long long time! I love to see the happy red envelope in the mailbox. I don't check the email account that it's connected to very often, so it's extra fun if I don't know exactly which movie is here for my viewing pleasure. You see, in case some of you don't know how it works...its 20 bucks a month and you get to rent unlimited movies. You go to the website, make an enormous list of movies you want sent to you and they mail them to you w/ a little thingy to mail them back (shipping both ways is included in the $20 bones). You always have 3 movies at a time. So like I got 3 in the very beginning...I watched the first one (Real Women Have Curves...loved it) and put it in the mail the next day. The next day I watched "Far From Heaven" (loved it too) and mailed it back...the next day I got "Pi: Faith in Chaos" (seen it before...liked it better last time...but still crazy!) and on and on and on! I watch, mail back, get the next. They let you know by email what movie they are sending next out of your choices and also when they get one back for you. AND! I can go to the website and "rate" movies and based on what I say, they make recommendations. It's so fun! SO I'm back to my movie watching self that I used to be when I first moved here and had no friends and no Vic. I love movies, they are good escapes. One thing I did notice when I went on there yesterday to add to my list of future ones sent was that I was picking more comedies than I normally do...maybe that has to do with too much action/reality in my real life?!

Anyway, we got this new bad ass desk and big office hutch thing and it's just jammed into the office room. It's driving me crazy. It really didn't look this big in the store. We don't know how we are going to get it set up but I hope Vic figures it out soon. I'm so ready to organize it all.

I went to the grocery store yesterday because all I wanted to eat was fruit. Lots of fruit. All kinds. What the hell? SO I bought: peaches, plums, strawberries, cherries, grapes, oranges, apples, bananas, and watermelon. In all actuality, there is no possible way I will be able to eat it all before it goes bad. But I couldn't decide, so I bought all that sounded good. I did however talk myself out of the cantaloupe!

I stayed up until 4 am making a budget. I got the idea and I couldn't stop. It's complete with a pie graph to display where our money is going...and I also included things like a housekeeper :) and poodle grooming and charitable donations...I thought of it all!! Vic was shocked and amazed. I was so proud of me. Because as most of you know...I don't even balance my checkbook...I just "guesstimate" so it was a major feet for *ME* to come up with a budget!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive