Thursday, May 06, 2004

Fatshadow :: This blog makes my ass look fair and balanced.

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL NO DIET DAY!

I was going to talk about INDD, but then I read Tish's blog (as I do everyday) and I just thought I would link it. I really like what she said about today someone is hunched over a toilet, being bullied for being fat, not seeking medical attention, job, etc. due to being fat...that is so true.

Actually, everything she said is pretty much what I would have said. I too have seen the look of shock when I tell my "normal" sized friends that people have taken things out of my grocery cart or some of the things that Dr's have said to me ("that sinus infection is made worse by you being so fat..."). I also sometimes look down at what I'm eating and think "people who are obsessed with their weight eat this same thing as they are trying to be thin..." My preferences for food are pretty vast (with the exception of meat, member, I used to be a vegetarian but then I married a carnivore!) I really love the things that God put on this earth to eat...veggies, fruits, grains. I'm really thankful that I didn't waist (hee hee) so many years trying to be something that I'm not. This fat girl is meant to be a fat girl...and I like being fat. That are so many good things about it.

In my first psychology class in college I wrote a paper on how I was the cookie that broke the cookie cutter. I mean, not really, seeing has how I am from a fat family...but the whole point of my paper was all of the positive things about being fat. Things like I never show up to a party (except fat people parties!!) wearing the same outfit...people always remember me because I stand out...I don't get cold like skinny people do very often because I'm well insulated, etc. I'm by no means saying it's bad to be thin...I'm just saying it's no better to be thin and that I have no desire to be thin because that's not who I am AND that I would not be any healthier if I were a size 10.

Anyway, I'm thinking of all the people and those they left behind who has lost their lives trying to be thin...the ones with eating disorders, the ones that had their stomachs amputated AKA weight loss surgery...or the many that don't usually get mention that have taken their own lives because they felt so unworthy being fat.

And I'm really thankful that I was brought up in a healthy, loving home and that didn't force on me food issues or body loathing issues.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive