Friday, May 28, 2004

I just typed this whole huge blog only to have the power flash at the end of it. Perfectly fitting in my last 36 hrs.

Overview of last blog:

I had to have a hysterosalpingogram yesterday at Vic's hospital. I had to hop up in the stirrups w/ his coworkers working "under the hood." Neat, thanks, see ya at the Christmas party!

Then as I was taking a nap after my test, I was damn hot. I woke up to discover the AC was broken. We had to sleep last night with it two million degrees in here. Well, if you can call that sleep...I didn't.

So Vic called them to come fix it at 7:30 this morning on his way to work at a temp job. They gave us the neat hours of "between 8 and 5." I waited till noon when Vic came home and I headed to Kim's house in Weatherford (she moved Tuesday!).

I got about 15 miles south of Denton on I35 (around TX motor speedway) and the temp gauge came on in the Beetle. I called Vic, he told me to pull over and turn it off. I did. He called the insurance co. and we were out of the free towing distance to get it to Lewisville VW or some shit. SO I sat for about 20 minutes and headed back to Denton. I drove 7 miles at 40 mph w/out AC, radio, etc while the temp gauge was flashing when the OIL light came on. About this time I was turning into the UNT campus and trying to get into the Exxon station when the car completely died in the street. I lost the power steering but was able to coast 1/2 way into the IHOP parking lot before the smoke started billowing out. Oh, but right before it died...when I would hit the gas, it sounded like a lawn mower. So I called Vic crying, people were honking at me, he called a tow truck and headed up there. He pushed it into a parking space, we went into IHOP and ate lunch while we waited an hour for the tow truck. It was the first time I'd been cool in over 24 hours. Seems I burnt the engine up, but that's not the final verdict...the "other guy that usually looks at um' is already off for the holiday" so maybe it's not completely dead. Because it if is, it's several thousand to fix, but I refuse to drive it ever again so at this minute he is going to sell it for parts and we will share a car until I get a job.

So then the AC guy finally shows up at 4:50. We were low on freon, he added some and I had to pay him $151. Bastards. He was here for 15 minutes.

So that was the overview of why it sucks to be Amanda today. And then my blog was erased.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive