Sunday, June 20, 2004

26 years old. Such an awkward age. It's not young enough to still really be considered "young and dumb" but it's not old enough to really know what the hell is going on. It's just sort of a blah age. I think that's how I'll feel until 30. That seems to be kind of a turning point. At least there is a name for people in their thirties, "the thirty-somethings crowd," so that will be nice. The association with people in their twenties is college and I've been finished with that for awhile now. On the few occasions when I go to the bar's these days, down on Fry St. by UNT, I feel old. Even if I'm not necessarily older in years, I am in that my college experience is over. Not that I'm sad about that...me and school have never gotten along too well. I don't learn the way the way most teachers want to teach so I was never to swell at it. But I graduated and that's what counts :).

Anyway, Happy Birthday to me. I'm a blah age until I'm 30 and then I think I'll briefly feel old, but I'll quickly get over it. I'm excited about aging, not scared of it at all. Fat people don't wrinkle and I think gray hair is pretty cool. I don't have any yet. In fact, yesterday I added more blonde. Then my super cool stylish chick blew my hair dry straight. It was fun. My parents were both shocked when they saw me.

Tonight we are going to the Magic Time Machine for dinner with Lance & Lori & the kids for Father's Day and Amanda's Day. It should be fun. I always loved that place as a kid and I'm excited to take Kelsi, Autumn, & Reagan there. They will love it. I'm sad that Vic has to work though. But tomorrow night my parents, Vic, brother Will, and I are going to Fogo de Chao for dinner and then coming home to my ice cream cake :). That's for my birthday again so Vic can be there.

NOTE: I attempted to "blog this!" to both restaurants, but neither worked. SO I will add that later. Both are so awesome, MTM everyone is dressed in different characters and all the tables have a theme like the Valentine's booth and a real school bus. FDC is a Brazilian steak house that you don't order off a menu. Everyone gets a plate and goes to a kick ass salad bar, then they bring you a clean plate and every person has a coaster with red on one side, green on the other. When you flip it to green (for GO!), all these men with big skewers of meat come running by you asking if you would like this and that. They bring family sized mashed potatoes, fried bananas, and this strange bread. It's wild.

1 comment:

Tish said...

Happy Birthday! Nice to share one with you. 26 is an eight year and eight is exciting. It’s about power and wisdom. I hope you had a great day!

Followers

Blog Archive